Saturday, April 25, 2009

sublime expectancy

i'm not going to rationalize from now on in my posts.

i welcomed this opportunity to come to Chin-O whole-heartedly. now i long for home. i long for my brown wooden dresser with it's drawers and the big mirror that rests on top. i long for my greyish wool sweater i wear on cool mornings. i long for late night thoughtful conversations with my sister as we dose off in our still-bunked beds. i long for my language. i long for conversations at the table long after the meal's done. i long for America this time too - the land of the lispy English accent, soulful music, and free thinking. i long for laughter.

this next week and a half will be well-spent. but then i will go home which is where i want to be.

oh. and i long for college. more than ever now.

3 comments: